Saturday 9 January 2010

Happy new year, everyone!

Someone named Anita Sharma sent this to me. I haven't given too much thought to my resolutions for this year, but i certainly agree with some things in Anita's list! I've decided I will bold the ones that I agree most with and say why if necessary. You might wanna think about some of these too and make your own list and thoughts.

Happy new year everyone, thanks for staying with me through the years. Here's to a fabulous new year, a new decade, a great new beginning for us all!



HANDBOOK 2010


Health:


1. Drink plenty of water. (ppl often ask
me what I think my "beauty secret is, I

think my mum's advice to drink lots of
water may have paid off. Thanks
Mum.)

2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a
prince and dinner
like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and
plants and eat less
food that is
manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy,
Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
(THIS
will be top priority for me.)

5. Make time
for prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10
minutes each day.
(i will at least TRY
to.)

9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day.
And while you walk,
smile.


Personality:


11. Don't compare your life to
others'. You have no idea what

their journey is all
about. (in other
words, be content with your life the
way it is.)

12. Don't have negative thoughts or
things you cannot control.

Instead invest your energy in the
positive present moment.
(I've
made this a specialty of mine,
actually, learning from Yoga practices
- deflect any negative energy from
anyone who is vexing or likes to gossip
or has nothing nice to say about
himself or anyone else. I just stay
AWAY from people like that. You
should learn to do this too. Instead, I
surround myself with positive
friends - my favo sistahs Ida, Noren,
Mal, Cat and Sylvia, who fill me with
good energy always and keep me sane,
keep me real! I love you guys.)

13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously.
No one else does.
(it's tough cos
everyone expects a "star" to always be
immaculate and perfect, and to never
look anything less than heaven-sent,
but I enjoy being silly and I want to
feel free to look as ridiculous as I want
to without bothering about being
judged!) Besides, it's easier to get over,
when something goes wrong, if you
haven't been too uptight, you can just
laugh it off and everyone else will too.

15. Don't waste your precious energy
on gossip.
(ditto)
16. Dream more while you are
awake.
(I'm the world's greatest
dreamer and I wanna stay this way!!)

17. Envy is a waste of time. You
already have all you need.
(ditto!)
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't
remind your partner with his/her

mistakes of the past. That will
ruin your present happiness.

19. Life is too short to waste time
hating anyone. Don't hate others.

20. Make peace with your past so it
won't spoil the present.

21. No one is in charge of your
happiness except you.

22. Realize that life is a school and you are
here to learn.Problems
are simply
part of the curriculum that appear and
fade away like algebra class but the
lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every
argument. Agree to disagree.


Society:


25. Call your family often. (I have a
small family, and I intend to keep
everyone really close this year,
especially.)

26. Each day give something good to
others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of
70 &
under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people
smile
each day. (I can do that!)
30. What other people think of you
is none of your business.
(DITTO!)
31. Your job won't take care of you
when you are sick. Your
family
and friends will.
Stay in touch.

Life:


32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation
is, it will change.

36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come. (I'm really
lookin' forward to 2010...)

38. When you awake alive in the
morning, thank GOD for it.

39. Your Inner most is always happy. So,
be happy.

Last but not the least:

40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about
.


No comments: